Project sponsor is an active senior management role, responsible for identifying the business need, problem or opportunity related to a project. Sponsorship is crucial to the project success, and can make or break a project. It is thus critical for Sponsors to understand and be able to help the Project Manager in moving the project forward.
This short 1/2-day workshop is aimed at those who are to take on the role of Project Sponsor. This course helps you to understand the project environment, the role of the Project Manager and the role of the Sponsor in ensuring project success.
Take away benefits of the Project Sponsor workshop
- Understand the importance of sponsorship and the project process
- Understand the role of the Sponsor
- Understand both Sponsor and Project Manager expectations
- Understand the key success factors in project success
Outline of the Project Sponsor WorkshopUsing extensive group work, personal experience and project-specific situations, the course will focus on the following areas:
- What are the main steps in a project?
- What is the role of the Sponsor?
- Why is the Sponsor role so critical to Project success?
- What can the Sponsor expect from the Project Manager?
- When should the Sponsor get involved?
- How can the Sponsor actively help project success?